Wednesday, November 10, 2021

NEW OBSESSION-COLLAGE PAPER

Awhile ago I saw Tim Holtz use this collage paper and it melted into fabric. I was blown away. 
Recently I got this very rough cardstock called Shizen. So I wanted to pair them together. 
To start I took Multi Medium Matte and a distress paintbrush and brushed the medium onto my shizen cardstock (after I cut the 5x7 shizen to A2 size)
Then I took a piece of the collage paper and laid it accross my panel burnishing out any air bubbles with my fingers.
 I put it aside to dry for about 30 minutes. I took my deckle edge trimmer and I ATTEMPTED to trim the sides but the Shizen was too thick to cut and tore the edges. Turns out, I Liked that look,thank God! A happy accident 😜
I added a Tim Holtz label sentiment with some cardstock scrap strips underneath for dimension and some red baubles for a pop of color. 
I REALLY love this collage paper.  Not sure why it not more popular. I recently bought a plain one so I can create my own collage paper! Cant wait.  
Thanks for stopping 

No comments:

Post a Comment